Portsmouth, RI 02871 US
This position is primarily responsible for preparing patients for visit, chart preparation, rooming of patients, chart documentation and medication reconciliation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Greets patients and prepares them for physician examination.
• Assesses patient's general condition, medication reconciliation, takes vital signs and weight.
• Assist with obtaining patient referrals for appointments and/or procedures when needed.
• Prepares charts for upcoming appointments. Reviews all necessary patient documents and/or test results have been received prior to appointment.
• Perform virtual check in /check out patient visits.
• Assist with incoming phone calls as required.
• Schedule referrals and tests.
• Maintains exam rooms for necessary supplies and materials. Ensures cleanliness. Prepares list of medical supplies needed. Prepares equipment and aids physician during treatment, examination and testing of patients, when appropriate.
• Maintains GI provider’s “recall” system, including mailing letters and follow up phone calls to remind patients of their GI procedures due (minimum two months ahead).
• Helps patients with concerns and complaints, and escalates requests to Site or Practice Manager, as appropriate.
• Performs Prior Authorizations for medications and other services as required.
• Travels to satellite office as required.
• Maintains clean and orderly work area.
• Maintains a professional atmosphere in all aspects of the office, including interaction with physician, management, patients, and all outside contacts.
• Maintains patient confidentiality.
• Performs other medical support duties, as assigned.