New Bedford, MA 027451289
The CNC Operator is responsible for setting up and operating CNC machine tools with limited help. Setup and operation of conventional machine tools and equipment. Introduction to CNC programming. Introduction to advanced print reading and inspection methodology. Introduction to CMM measuring. Inspect parts using typical measuring equipment.
- Prepare and operate CNC machines to perform tasks such as drilling, grinding, etc.
- Understand the specifications of the task at hand and the desired result by reading blueprints, mechanical drawings, etc.
- Prepare and Load raw materials and parts onto machine
- Inspect and measure finished products and compare them with requirements to determine if the process has been completed properly.
- Check and maintain machinery daily to ensure functionality requirements
- Skill in operating CNC machinery and tooling as well as precision measurement tools.
- A keen eye for detail and a results-driven approach.
- Good communication abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- 2 years or more experience using production machinery.
- Extensive knowledge of machine maintenance and operation required.
- Must possess strong basic math skills.