New Bedford, MA 027451289
The Engineering Technician will be responsible for providing general assistance to the Engineering group, generating and maintaining required documents and charts
- Write work instructions/methods for low priority projects.
- Build pilot assemblies with written work instructions, and training video, created for low priority projects.
- Build pilot assemblies using written instructions or prints for high priority projects from Project Manager.
- Perform verification operations on pilot jobs.
- Debug and offer ideas for assembly instructions, fixtures and testing.
- Drafts detail drawing or sketch to request parts/tooling fabrication by machine shop/maintenance or outside vendors. Some machining capability preferred.
- Maintain lot traceability of assembly items, documents and procedures.
- Perform qualification tests with instructions given on jobs, such as first article inspection, pilot run inspection, and functional tests (bend, rotational, pull tests).
- Generate engineering tests (ET s) on jobs, with consultation from Project Manager.
- Records test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and recommendations for changes in product or test method.
- Ability to document yield and job rates on parts transitioning from pilot to production.