New Bedford, MA
Environmentally conscious seafood manufacturer is seeking a maintenance technician for the 2nd shift. Great opportunity for someone who likes a job that offers variety. You will perform diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform mechanic skills including mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Must have 3-5 years maintenance experience and or vocational education/military experience
- Must be able and willing to work overtime and weekends
- Must have own tools; wrenches, screwdrivers, sockets, electrical meter, etc.