New Bedford, MA 027451289
Purchasing Assistant role includes strong interpersonal skills, database skills to place and expedite orders, customer service, and responsibility for multiple excel spreadsheets, etc.
- Converts requisitions to purchase orders.
- Research catalog and internet for best pricing and delivery for MRO requirements.
- Generate purchase requisitions when needed.
- Create purchasing change orders as required.
- Place and converts all tooling orders.
- Process credit memos as required.
- Communicates purchase orders to supplier.
- Confers with suppliers concerning late deliveries.
- Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates and places orders with suppliers.
- Verifies invoice discrepancies from suppliers with purchase orders.
- Assists in purchase order maintenance.
- Prepares request for quotes
- Materials Resource Planning Systems (MRP) Experience (ex: Oracle, SAP, etc.) is a must.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Due to ITAR regulations employee must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.