Little Compton, RI 02837 US
We are a residential construction company seeking an experienced bookkeeper through trial balance to join our team. Our office is in Little Compton, Rhode Island.
This position involves assisting the Controller with maintaining accounting records. Good organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to communicate clearly are important qualifications, as well as displaying a positive attitude when working with co-workers and customers.
Compensation is depending on experience, with a minimum of 3+ years of bookkeeping experience preferred.
Hours are 32+ weekly and flexible over a four (4) or five (5) day workweek in our office.
A summary of the key job responsibilities and qualifications are noted below:
- Maintaining accounts receivable and accounts payable subsidiary ledgers
- A strong background in job/project cost accounting
- Assisting the controller with various reconciliations
- Management of vendor invoices payable including company credit card spending
- Processing of vendor payments and printing of checks
- Obtaining Form W-9 for all subcontractors and monitor their certificates of insurance
- Assisting with the collection of timesheets and the related job cost allocations
- Review of employee expense reporting and the related job cost allocations
- Assisting with answering of telephone calls
- Occasional assistance with human resource matters
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Maintain confidentiality in and out of the workplace
- Willingness to learn new duties
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience with accounting software