New Bedford, MA 02745 US
To work for a leading manufacturer of premium, high efficiency, and high-quality heating and water heating solutions for residential and commercial applications in North America. Operating with brands including HTP, is headquartered in Southeastern MA, with local manufacturing as well as Sales and Distribution locations throughout the US.
A global leader in sustainable solutions for hot water and space heating, components and burners. In 2022 the Group reported almost 2.4 billion euro revenues.
The Buyer role within the Procurement Team, will focus on these main activities:
- Create and revise SOPs as needed regarding purchasing specifications; manage quality events such as deviations or investigations.
- Identify most advantageous sourcing strategy for lowest cost of ownership while adhering to quality standards.
- Analyzing market trends to determine the most competitive prices.
- Negotiating with suppliers to secure better price and terms.
- Maintaining relationship with vendors and suppliers.
- Participate in strategic negotiations and contract development with suppliers and third-party service providers.
- Develop processes to support the timely delivery of materials and products.
- Coordinating with other departments to ensure timely delivery of goods.
The ideal candidate has 5+ years’ background as a Buyer, manufacturing experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management. They will also have:
- Proven negotiation skills of pricing and terms with suppliers
- APICS Certification
- Technical experience in commodity purchasing (steel, copper, electronic components, etc)
- SAP Experience
We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunities for all people, by offering a work environment accessible, welcoming, inclusive and in compliance with all legal obligations.
Location: New Bedford/Hybrid (eligible for Smart Working)