Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator
New Bedford, MA 02745 US
Health Safety & Environmental Manager is responsible for the policy, procedures, and measurement of safe and healthy work conditions. Provide solutions to safety and health issues in a wide variety of areas. Work for a large, global company that promotes from within.
- Oversee HSE activities to ensure legal compliance to local legal requirements.
- Perform job exposure analysis to ensure safe work environments according to HSE standards and local legal requirements.
- Monitor the effective implementation of appropriate HSE procedures
- Give support in implementing the site health and safety management system according to ISO 45001:2018 standard
- Give support in implementing the site environmental management system according to ISO 14001:2015 standard
- Ensure effective incident management including incidents investigation, root cause identification, prevention plans setting, follow up, and reporting.
- Oversee waste management system, waste reduction monitoring, and ensure regulatory agency compliance, labeling, containments, proper disposal, and documentation.
- Give support in maintaining a good relationship with public institutions, also for inspections, and requests for authorizations and/or licenses.
- Education and experience:
- The ideal candidate has a degree in Environmental Engineering (or equivalent)
- At least 5 years’ experience in the role in manufacturing companies
- Knowledge of health, safety, and environmental regulations are required
Skills and abilities required:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Provide solutions to safety and health issues in a wide variety of areas.
- Demonstrate successful leadership and guidance of health, safety and environmental management and interaction with all levels of management.
Job Type: Full-time