Portsmouth, RI 02871 US
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets patients and prepares them for physician examination.
- Assesses patient's general condition, medication reconciliation, and takes vital signs and weight.
- Assist with obtaining patient referrals for appointments and/or procedures when needed.
- Prepares charts for upcoming appointments. Review all necessary patient documents and/or test results that have been received prior to the appointment.
- Perform virtual check-in/check-out patient visits.
- Assist with incoming phone calls as required.
- Schedule referrals and tests.
- Maintains exam rooms for necessary supplies and materials. Ensures cleanliness. Prepares list of medical supplies needed. Prepares equipment and aids physicians during treatment, examination, and testing of patients, when appropriate.
- Maintains GI provider’s “recall” system, including mailing letters and follow-up phone calls to remind patients of their GI procedures due (minimum two months ahead).
- Helps patients with concerns and complaints, and escalates requests to the Site or Practice Manager, as appropriate.
- Performs Prior Authorizations for medications and other services as required.
- Travels to satellite office as required.
- Maintains clean and orderly work area.
- Maintains a professional atmosphere in all aspects of the office, including interaction with physicians, management, patients, and all outside contacts.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Performs other medical support duties, as assigned.
- High School Diploma / Certified Medical Assistant / Medical Terminology
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a medical office.
- Medical Terminology / Electronic Medical records experience preferred.
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced environment