New Bedford, MA 027451289
- Process scheduling updates and reports regularly in support of internal and external material flow.
- Evaluate the status of materials and report any problem areas to the relevant internal departments.
- Review and process change orders to ensure all required materials are available to support Production.
- Research and answer inquiries from Operations, Engineering, Quality, and Sales related to material availability issues.
- Review safety stock statuses on a continuing basis to prevent excess inventory buildup or shortages.
- Assist Sales and Engineering with establishing accurate lead times for quotations by requesting and reviewing RFQ s with supply base.
- Assist in the training of all co-workers.
- Responsible for finding and developing qualified vendors for purchasing components, materials, equipment, services, and tooling and maintaining positive relationships.
- Actively pursue cost savings.
Minimum Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Associate s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or 3 year minimum related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Familiarity with Microsoft Office and Microsoft Windows based software is essential.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills navigate through spreadsheets, pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems Infor/Syteline experience a plus.
- Due to ITAR regulations employee must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Must be able to carry out written, oral or diagram form instructions.
- Basic math skills ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.