New Bedford, MA 027451289
- The Purchasing Manager role reports directly to the Operations Manager. Positions responsibilities include; under general direction; determine objectives to be accomplished including procurement of most materials, supplies, equipment, services, and raw materials required by the New Bedford, MA location. Conduct all purchasing activities in accordance with approved standards and in compliance with cost reduction objectives. Recommend changes to purchasing policy and procedure.
- The role of Purchasing Manager is an exciting opportunity to join a global, dynamic, Hi-Tech team, supporting the medical and aerospace industries. We are the industry leader in the development and manufacturer of ceramic to metal seals for both Aerospace and Medical markets. We help improve the quality of life with our implantable medical components, and we ensure the safety of travelers by developing multiple components for the Aerospace industry.
- The Purchasing Manager is responsible for all purchases for the New Bedford, MA site.
- Approve new suppliers based on personal interviews, the reputation of the prospective suppliers, and, if required, a visit to the production facility.
- Track raw material purchases.
- Negotiate payment terms and consignment agreements.
- Manage/supervise Purchasing department.
- Head inventory teams as required.
- Review all invoices that differ from purchase orders issued and resolve discrepancies.
- Visit suppliers as required.
- Maintain required inventory levels.
- Negotiate all large purchases.
- Meet regularly with key suppliers.
- Expedite problem orders.
- Regularly obtain quotes on high dollar/volume items.
- Review all safety stock levels periodically.
- Creation of new items as necessary and determine proper set up of items in ERP to manage appropriate stocking levels.
- Submit Vendor Reliability to all raw material and selected critical components.
- Investigate items for cost savings.
- Responds to DMRs with suppliers as required.
- Maintain Purchasing Operating Procedures.
- Report raw material consignment usage on a scheduled basis as necessary to suppliers.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned or required.
- Procurement and supply chain experience required.
- Conduct all tasks in a safe and efficient manner complying with all local, state, and federal EHS regulations
- Monday to Friday
- 7: 30 AM to 3: 30 PM
- 80K to 100K yearly
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80, 000.00 - $100, 000.00 per year