Revenue Cycle Coordinator
Providence, RI 02905 US
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with billing company on insurance denials and research the reasons for denial.
• Audit patient accounts to ensure accuracy in billing (no charges missed) by reviewing hospital cards, hospital list and patient appointment schedule.
• Run insurance AR reports more than 90 days old and identify issues and trends.
• Work with the billing company to reduce insurance AR monthly.
• Provide support to billing assistant/liaison.
• Monitor clearinghouse and ensure patient statements are being sent out. Work failed patient statements and update missing information into billing software.
• Provide hospital list to appropriate personnel to import reports to billing software.
• Generate patient refund requests for finance. Mail patient refunds and post refund check to system.
• Answer escalated patient billing issues.
• Obtain AUTH/referral for Endo center when it’s only required at the facility level.
• Ensure timely response to calls, e-mails and other verbal or written correspondence.
• Review and work insurance correspondence
• Work billing exceptions from billing company
• Maintain communication with physician’s secretary regarding missing referrals or prior authorization before appointments.
• Make site manager aware of patients on the schedule that are 24-48hours away from being seen with referral and/or eligibility issues.
• Assist in the training of new Financial Liaisons and other RCCs that are being cross trained.
• Stay current and up to date with billing guidelines and updates with top payers.
• Attend monthly billing seminar (Ask Mueller).
• Cover other RCC functions when on vacation or out on leave.