Plymouth, MA 02360 US
Setup and operate various spot welding machines in a manufacturing environment to bond together various types of metals using fixtures and jigs, ensuring parts meet specified criteria.
During down time also operate various types of manual, pneumatic, electric, or hydraulic presses to cut, shape, and form metal ensuring it meets specified criteria.
- Use blueprints, CAD drawings, or other documented specifications to determine correct dimensions, appropriate weld techniques, and locations of welds.
- Use of calipers, micrometers, shadowgraphs, pull testers, and various other measuring equipment to qualify product adheres to customer specifications.
- Use of hand tools to perform setups including, but not limited to changing out electrodes, adjusting pressure, adjusting weld head height, and changing weld heads.
- Use fixtures and jigs to restrain product to ensure correct weld/part location.
- Adjust parameter settings in order to correct for non-conforming conditions.
- Follow verbal and written instructions from Lead, Set-up personnel, engineering, traveler, or other company documentation.
- Operate various manual, pneumatic, electric and hydraulic presses to cut, shape, and form metal, plastic, or other materials used in manufacturing operations.
- Perform forming, cutting, drilling, bending, and punching operations to blueprint specifications.
- Document measurements, counts, etc. on company paperwork/graphs.
- Handle delicate parts and use tweezers to load and unload parts from forming equipment.
- Identify imperfections and out of spec conditions based on documented acceptance criteria.
COMPETENCIES: Strong time management and attention to details. Good dexterity. Ability to work in a manufacturing environment, including a class VII cleanroom. Ability to learn and retain new skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.90 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Plymouth, MA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: In person